Last Updated: April 19, 2011
Camino Real, Inc. ("Camino Real"
) is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information we receive through our websites at http://blip.me
), and through our voice note messaging service, which we make through applications for mobile devices (collectively, unless other wise indicated, “Application”
Information We Collect
Camino Real collects personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”
), which refers to information that can be used to contact or identify you, when you download and register the Application or when you voluntarily provide it to us through our Site. For registration of our Application, we will collect your first name, last name and mobile device phone number, which we use in order to provide the Service. Through the Service, we will have access to your contact list on the mobile device you use for the Service and we may use that information only to provide the Service. In addition, we will collect the content of any voice note message you send or receive via the Service, for the sole purpose of allowing you or the person or people you share any voice note messages with to access and retrieve the content of any such voice note messages.
Camino Real may also collect and gather non-Personal Information, such as the mobile device type, device identification code, device properties and information about your usage of the Service, including, but not limited to, the duration and frequency of your interactions with the Service and statistics on page views and traffic to and from our Service.
How We Use Information We Collect
- We use the information we collect: (i) to provide and improve our Service, features and content, (ii) to administer your use of our Service, (iii) to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Service, (iv) to better understand your needs and interests, and (v) to provide you with further information or updates from us which we believe you may find useful or interesting, including information on our services and products. You may unsubscribe at any time if you decide that you no longer want to receive such materials and information.
- We also use information we collect to monitor and analyze use of the Service and for the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to generate and derive useful data and information concerning the characteristics and Service use behavior of our users.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Deleting Your Information
- Service Providers. We may engage third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Camino Real cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information we have about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Camino Real or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
- Business Transfers. Camino Real may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
You may request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us. If you ask us to delete your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers. However, please note that any data, including, but not limited to, voice note messages, that you share with a third party via the Service will still be accessible and viewable by such third party. If you ask us to delete all of your Personal Information, you may not be able to use all of the functionality of the Service. Despite such removal, portions of your data may remain on our production and back-up servers indefinitely.
Security; Data Transfer
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 as part of the Service. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Service, we will delete such information from our records.
Notification of Changes